Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Let the Games Begin

I really wish I had started this earlier...
I've been wanting to journal my food adventures for some time now, just because I love it so much. It doesn't make any sense to go back the past year and recount what I've done over the past year or so when I started to get serious about food, so I'll start from scratch. Whenever I make/read/eat something of interest, I'll post it here. My camera is broken but once I get a new one expect pictures as well.
I grew up around food and cooking. My Dad owned a plain and simple Italian Steakhouse and everyone I was related to cooked. We are a big Italian family. I guess it spread to me through osmosis. I can proudly say my first solid food after the bottle was one of my Grandma's meatballs. I messed around with cooking and loved doing it, watched the food network, and made some very nice things for a kid my age, but it was really more playing than anything else. Over the past two years I'd say, I got more serious about food and cooking. I started appreciating and creating, rather than just messing around. Currently, I am in an off campus house and have my own kitchen. That gives me two benefits: lots of hungry college friends to try your stuff, and freedom to cook whenever and whatever I want. Plus if the stovetop isnt immaculate I don't need to worry about Mom ripping me a new one. It's a good situation. So while most college kids survive on pizza, peanut butter, and beer, I'll be impulsively putting something crazy together with brie...which leads me to...

No comments: